Monday, July 20, 2015

Top 10 Reasons for my Blog Hiatus

Unfortunately, it has been a month since I have written any blogs which is not what I had originally intended. The reasons for not writing like I said are easy to come up. There are a plethora of reasons so I figured I would narrow them down a little. Here are the top 10 reasons why I have not written blogs like I said I would:
  1. Better Life in Recovery (BLiR) is doing 2-3 recovery events every week. In the last month we have painted 2 elementary school playgrounds, bowled 4 times, had 2 family friendly game nights, our stream team has floated twice and we are trying to get more sponsors for the BLiR Getting Dirty for Staying Clean 5K/10K Recovery Run and BliR's Keeping it Clean Stream Team Campout and Clean Up. Our Summer is crazy busy!!
  2. I have a full time job as a counselor with the Greene County Drug Court program working for Preferred Family Healthcare.
  3. I am a member of two boards, two conference planning committees and 2 coalitions.
  4. I am trying to finish my book by this Fall, because I have had someone offer to edit it for me that will have time in September.
  5. I have several different conferences I am speaking at coming up late Summer/early Fall I have had to make new presentations for.
  6. I must spend quality time with my family, because that is vital to my recovery.
  7. I am trying to put together a board for BLiR now that we have our 501c3.
  8. I have been putting together BLiR's first sober dance party.
  9. Trying to find funding streams for BLiR so it can continue to grow.
  10. We are trying to complete the BLiR documentary that we are making to take into schools, colleges and communities by the end of the year.
As you can see, I am busy and have had to make sacrifices in my blogging because of other commitments. That is not good for building blog followers and subscribers, but it is necessary to continue to promote recovery and reduce stigma. I need to focus more on my blogging, which should be happening soon. Until that happens, I need to come up with a different approach to my writing.

I will start publishing a blog on the first Monday of every month starting August 3rd and follow a first Monday of the month cycle until I get my book completed and some more time opens up in my schedule. They will no longer be 500 words or less, because I am way to verbacious for that to satisfy me. I would like to have more time to write, but this is an imperfect life I live so I will stick with progress, not perfection!

If you are interested in helping BLiR there are multiple ways you can do that. You can sit on event planning committees, become a board member, become a volunteer, donate money, donate gift certificates, donate merchandise, come out to our events and enjoy yourself  or simply spread the message of what we are doing with your friends and family. Any of that would help us exponentially!

Please, if there are any questions you have about recovery or things you would like me to write about please let me know and I will do that. I am excited to hear from you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment